Whether your interest is freight trains, passenger trains, or trams, the track safety messages are similar and important for all students to learn and practise. It can be daunting doing a school visit, especially if you don’t normally do that in your role.
We recommend doing an interactive session with a class of up to 30 students, as opposed to doing a talk in front of the whole school or grade, because it is a far more effective method of learning. We’ve put together a DIY School Visit Kit to help make your visit easier and to give students a chance to learn and retain more.
This kit is suitable for visits at primary schools, and is free for Australian rail industry personnel. Click the image below to order your kit.
What's in the kit?
- Info on how to use the kit, including a USB stick with an instructional video
- Giveaways and certificate for the teacher and class
- Info for teachers including links to the curriculum
- Resources with 8 activities and all the items you need to run these successfully
- Session guide for Foundation, Years 1 & 2 (ages 5 to 8)
- Session guide for Years 3 & 4 (ages 8 to 10)
- Session guide for Years 5 & 6 (ages 10 to 12)
If you have any questions, please contact us ahead of your visit via email@example.com and we will be more than happy to help.
Thanks for making a positive contribution to rail safety!
We’ve had some great feedback about our DIY Kits from rail staff who have used them!
“They are an amazing kit, bright and colourful which attracts the kids’ attention, and they learn whilst having fun.”
“The slap bands were great! The activities were clear and easily able to be implemented. Presentation and ease of use of the kit was great.”
“I am very impressed by the kits, I think they are fab. Well set out, well presented, great ideas and activities. Well done.”